Virtual food safety training has certainly taken a front seat in educating food handlers during the global COVID pandemic. It was my absolute pleasure to participate in this panel with Connie Landis Fisk, Charles Kalish, Michael Kalish in Episode 77 of Food Safety Matters. Tune into this episode and listen to a panel of Food Safety Preventive Control Alliance (FSPCA)’s lead instructors as discuss virtual food safety training in the age of COVID.
In this episode of Food Safety Matters, the panel talks about:
- The features, benefits, and ins and outs of using Zoom, Google Hangouts, and other digital platforms to perform food safety certification courses
- Maintaining high levels of participation and engagement during online training
- How training and testing policies and procedures have changed to fit a virtual format
- Conducting oral exams vs. standardized tests online
- Challenges and limitations of web-based teaching and training
The interview starts at [14:00] timestamp.