This course has been designed to give you a thorough understanding of TACCP, VACCP, their components and how to successfully document and implement both threat and vulnerability assessments in your food business.
Implementing VACCP and TACCP is an on-demand course which has been designed to give you a fundamental understanding of the principles of VACCP and TACCP. It also provides you with a basic overview of how to perform both threat and vulnerability assessments in your food business.
This course covers:
- Identifying different types of threats in your food business
- Determining vulnerability points in the food supply chain
- Conducting VACCP assessments
- Conducting TACCP assessments
- Developing mitigation strategies to prevent threats and vulnerabilities
- Documenting VACCP and TACCP plans for your food business
The purpose of this course is to provide the skills and knowledge required to identify and analyse threats to the food supply chain and areas of vulnerability to food fraud and utilise them to develop and implement food defence plans and food fraud mitigation plans.
By the completion of this training participants should be able to:
- Explain the difference between VACCP, TACCP and HACCP
- Identify key compliance requirements stipulated by major 3rd party certification standards and global regulations
- Demonstrate the correct use of the threat and vulnerability assessment frameworks
- Undertake and document a threat assessment
- Undertake and document a vulnerability assessment
- Specify the methods of controlling food fraud vulnerabilities
- Select appropriate food defence mitigation strategies
- Identify required records and supporting documentation in accordance with key standards and/or regulations
- Nominate when a review of the VACCP and TACCP plan is required
This training is suitable for all food personnel including Food Safety supervisors, HACCP team members, QA professionals, food auditors, administration support, and food consultants. This is a great course to increase your current knowledge in food defence and food fraud.
This course has been designed and developed by Amanda Evans-Lara who is a qualified trainer and auditor with over 20 years of experience in food safety.
Prerequisite: This course is suited to participants who have an understanding of how the production process works within their business.
Duration: 4-6 hours
Award: A Certificate of Competency will be provided after you have successfully completed this course (including the knowledge assessment). The criteria to earn a Certificate of Competency and corresponding CEUs for this course includes:
- Successfully completing all in course activities and final assessment
- Achieving a pass mark of 70% or more on the final knowledge assessment
Continuing Education Units: 0.6 CEU (or 6 hours equiv.)
Course Accreditation: HACCP Mentor is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). HACCP Mentor complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, HACCP Mentor is accredited to issue the IACET CEU.