Food Safety and Quality Compliance Refresher
Our Food Safety and Quality Compliance Refresher has been designed to refresh your knowledge of food safety, food-related GMPs, food quality, HACCP and selected legal & customer certification requirements.
An integral part to your overall food safety management system is the requirement to provide food handlers with routine refresher training in food safety and food safety culture, GMPs, HACCP, food defense, food fraud, product traceability and product quality requirements.
Our Food Safety and Quality Compliance Refresher is designed to provide you with information that will help you to comply with food safety policies and procedures, your personal health and hygiene obligations and selected legal & customer certification requirements. The training is interactive and covers the latest requirements of Codex General Principles of Food Hygiene (CXC 1-1969 2020).
The modular delivery of this course allows you to complete the training at your own pace and within your own time.
HACCP Mentor is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). HACCP Mentor complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, HACCP Mentor is accredited to issue the IACET CEU.
The Food Safety and Quality Compliance Refresher online course material covers:
- Food Safety Culture
- Food Safety Management System
- The Basics of HACCP
- Foodborne Illness
- Personal Health and Hygiene
- Cleaning and Sanitising
- Pest Management
- Waste Management
- Food Traceability
- Food Defense
- Food Fraud
- Record Keeping
- Interactive activities and assessments to test your understanding of the course material
At the completion of this course, it is expected that you will be able to:
- Identify the most common types, causes and symptoms of food poisoning
- State foods that are potentially hazardous
- Explain the steps to washing hands effectively
- Choose correct personal health and hygiene requirements when handling food
- Select what a food allergy is and common types of food allergens
- List practices that can help to avoid allergen cross contact
- Recall the components of a food safety management system
- Define and implement critical control points
- Identify and categorise food safety hazards
- Recall what a good food safety culture looks like
- Define cleaning and sanitising verification activities that can be implemented within a food business
- Describe strategies to prevent pests in a food business
- List the benefits of good waste management practices
- Explain the purpose of product identification and traceability
- Define the components used in an effective traceability system
- Identify potential intentional adulteration and food fraud threats
- Recall the importance of effective record keeping
- Describe potential food business non-conformances
This course is suited to participants who have have an understanding of how the production process works within their business.
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATES
A Certificate of Competency will be provided after you have successfully completed this course (including the knowledge assessment). The criteria to earn a Certificate of Competency and corresponding CEUs for this course includes:
- Successfully completing each of the course modules, lessons, activities and module quizzes
- Achieving a pass mark of 80% or more on each module quiz
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
0.1 CEU (or 1 hours equiv.)
FSMA Compliance: This course has been designed to provide you with the knowledge required to meet the definition of a qualified individual as described under §117.4 (b)(2) Qualifications of individuals who manufacture, process, pack, or hold food
This training is suitable for those responsible for handling food within a food growing, manufacturing, production, storage, transportation or retail environment. This includes:
- Food handlers
- Food production staff
- Food Safety and Quality System staff
- Food transport personnel
- Food business administration staff
- Shift Supervisors
- Technical Managers
- Senior management
- Any person responsible for handling food within a food business
It is also suitable for any food handler who wants to up-skill or refresh their knowledge of food safety related topics.
COURSE LEVEL: Refresher
DURATION: 1-2 hours
FORMAT: This is a self-paced online course that you can start at any time. Automatic access is provided after successful registration and payment.
TRAINING RESOURCES: This course provides you with resource links
ACCESS EXPIRY: You will have 12 months access to this course before it expires.
LANGUAGE: English Text. Videos includes English closed captions and voice over
REGISTRATION PROCESS: After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. This will include your access user name and password. You will also receive and email with a copy of your order and a PDF copy of your purchase receipt. If you do not receive this information, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact us by clicking here.
CERTIFICATE ACCESS: You will have access to an electronic course certificate and training transcript on successful completion.
EXPECTATIONS: You can access student rights and course expectations by clicking here
MULTI-USER ACCESS: Need a multi-user access? Click here to learn more.
This training is delivered online. You can view our courses on any devices that support the following browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based, latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Safari in Apple iOS/iPadOS (latest version)
- Google Chrome (latest version) in Apple iOS/iPadOS (latest version)
- Google Chrome (latest version) in Android OS 6 or later
For media other than video, an up-to-date PDF reader is required. You can download Adobe PDF reader by clicking here.
All training videos require a computer or device sound source. You can either use your computer speakers or a device compatible headset / earphones.
For any other questions, please refer to our FAQ.
Certificate of competency
Frequently Asked Questions
On-demand training is delivered electronically over the internet. It allows you study at your own speed, stopping and starting as needed.
You will have a 12 months access from the date of purchase to this course.
Absolutely! After you have successfully completed the course assessment you can highlight your new knowledge with an accredited 'Statement of Competency'. Use this valuable credential to:
- Evidence your continuous learning
- Meet training requirements of 3rd party certification and customer standards e.g. BRCGS, SQF, FSSC 22000, Codex HACCP
- Improve your job prospects, or
- Advance your career
Yes! This is a great way to meet your internal auditing training obligations. Each employee will need to have their own account. Just select the amount of licenses you need during the checkout process. A company based Group Training account will be set up so you can then nominate relevant employees to take the course.
To find out how you can customise this course for your business please contact us!
This course has been developed by Amanda Evans-Lara who is a qualified trainer and assessor.
Course Accreditation: HACCP Mentor is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). HACCP Mentor complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, HACCP Mentor is accredited to issue the IACET CEU.