The BRCGS Root Cause Analysis Training course has been designed to provide you with a thorough understanding of root cause analysis (RCA) to know its importance and be able to perform it competently. This is especially helpful when implementing some of the requirements in the BRCGS Standards.
The training is presented through live virtual modality and breaks down key learning’s, steps and processes in an easy to understand format.
This BRCGS course covers:
- An introduction to RCA and terminology
- Root cause analysis in the BRC Global Standards
- Team identification and analysis of data
- Common root cause analysis techniques
- Putting RCA techniques into practice
- Workplace Assessment
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of root cause analysis (RCA) to know the importance of RCA, and to be able to perform RCA competently. This is especially helpful when implementing some of the requirements in the BRCGS Standards.
By the completion of this BRCGS training, participants should be able to:
- Define root cause analysis
- Understand the difference between symptoms and root cause analysis (RCA)
- Understand the role and importance of RCA in compliance with the BRCGS Standards
- Have explored some common methods for undertaking RCA
- Perform RCA and document it effectively
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for quality and safety management staff at manufacturing, storage and distribution and retail sites, auditors and consultants.
This course is part of the BRCGS Professional series.
Course facilitator: This course is personally trained by Amanda Evans-Lara who is a BRCGS Approved Virtual Trainer and BRCGS Approved Training Partner with over 20 years’ experience in food safety.
Prerequisite: It would be helpful for delegates to have read or be familiar with at least one of the BRCGS. These are free to download from the BRCGS Bookshop
Delivery: Virtual Live (face-to-face)
Duration: 1 day
Assessment: This course includes a post-course assignment. The delegate will need to complete a Root Cause Analysis for an identified non-conformity at their place of work. A total score of 75% or over is required to receive a Pass grade.
Award: BRCGS Certificate of Achievement
Requirements: A stable internet connection that is capable of streaming video and audio, a webcam and microphone.
Note: This is virtual training. It is two-way interactive and live via video and sound.