This VITAL® Training course provides participants with the skills to perform a food industry allergen risk assessment and declare cross contact food allergens appropriately. The focus of this course is to showcase how the VITAL Program allows food producers to assess the impact of allergen cross contact and provide appropriate precautionary allergen labelling on their products.
This course is designed to complement VITAL Online and provides:
- a practical approach to integrating the VITAL Program into an allergen management plan;
- an interactive component incorporated throughout the package;
- opportunity to use VITAL Online, the web-based version of the VITAL Calculator;
- a range of practical examples;
- opportunity for group discussions
To be successful in understanding the concepts of the VITAL Program participants need to have a sound grasp of the concepts behind food allergy, allergen labelling, allergen management and allergen analysis.
This training is suitable for those responsible for the implementation and management of food safety, HACCP and quality systems and processes within a food production environment. This could include Food Safety and Quality System staff, Technical Managers, Supplier Assurance Managers, Product Development and Innovation Managers and Procurement staff.
This course is personally trained by Amanda Evans-Lara who is a qualified trainer and auditor with over 20 years’ experience in food safety. Amanda is certified to deliver this Allergen Bureau endorsed training. Click here to see qualifications.
At the completion of this course, it is expected that you will be able to:
- Understand of the basic concepts of VITAL and how it works alongside a robust allergen management plan.
- Understand and apply the key concepts of the VITAL Program.
- Understand the impact of allergens in ingredients, importance of obtaining accurate and correct ingredient information and the tools that are available to assist with this.
- Identify and quantify cross contact allergens due to processing and the impact of how this can affect the labelling outcome of a product.
- Enter recipes into VITAL Online and apply the Labelling Outcomes to labelling.
- Be confident in changing scenarios within VITAL Online to determine the impact of changes to allergen status.
This course is delivered virtually. This means you must have a stable internet connection, webcam and microphone. You will be required to be in attendance with your webcam operational for the entire course.
Duration: 4.5 hours
Delivery: Virtual (face-to-face)
Award: To successfully complete the course, you must be present for the entire delivery and actively participate in all the exercises. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided after you have successfully completed this course.
CEU: 0.4 CEU (or 4 hour equiv.)
Prerequisite: This course is suited to participants who have previously received training in food allergy and allergen management etc. or have extensive experience in food allergy and allergen management within the food industry, as well as a solid understanding of allergen analysis.
You can complete pre-requisite knowledge by clicking here.
Requirements: This course is delivered virtually. This means you must have a stable internet connection, webcam and microphone. You will be required to be in attendance with your webcam operational for the entire course.
Note: This is virtual training. It is two-way interactive and live via video and sound. Numbers Limited.