A documented food safety management system, including both the pre-requisite programs and HACCP must be confirmed as being scientifically valid, prior to implementation by gathering evidence to prove that safe food products will be produced once the food safety management system is implemented.
Following implementation, a food safety management system must be verified on a scheduled basis, to confirm that the system is in compliance, is effective over time and provide evidence that safe food is being produced.
Understanding Validation and Verification for Food Business Compliance is an entry level course which has been designed to give you a fundamental understanding of how to document and implement validation and verification activities in your food business.
The training is presented through live virtual modality and breaks down key learning’s, steps and processes in an easy to understand format.
This course covers:
- The key definitions of validation and verification
- The importance of validation and verification activities
- Components of food safety system validation
- Validation techniques
- Components of food safety system verification
- Verification techniques
- Documentation, records and review requirements
To provide an overview of validation and verification as it relates to the food industry.
By the completion of this training participants should be able to:
- Explain the differences between validation and verification
- Describe different validation and verification techniques
- List common compliance validation and verification activities
- Outline documentation requirements for validation and verification
- Identify triggers for reviewing validation and verification information
This training is suitable for all food personnel including Food Safety supervisors, HACCP team members, QA professionals, food auditors, administration support and food consultants. This is a great course to increase or refresh your current knowledge in validation and verification.
This course is personally trained by Amanda Evans-Lara who is a qualified trainer and auditor with over 20 years experience in food safety.
Prerequisite: A basic understanding of HACCP Principles
Delivery: Virtual Live (face-to-face)
Duration: 2 hours
Award: Certificate of Competency
Requirements: A stable internet connection that is capable of streaming video and audio, a webcam and microphone.
Note: This is virtual training. It is two-way interactive and live via video and sound.