One of the biggest causes of food recall world-wide is incorrect labelling. Regardless of where a food company is located, there are regulatory requirements stipulating that the information provided on food labels is not only correct but also not misleading to the consumer.
Most Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognised certification programmes, like SQF, BRC and FSSC22000, will also mandate food labelling compliance. Food auditors and internal auditors play a significant role in verifying the adequacy of food labels and may be challenged in completing reviews thoroughly and in a timely manner.
Access Free Webinar
Join Amanda Evans-Lara in this presentation as she demonstrates how to audit and review your food labels like a professional. Find out how to quickly identify key areas of review, recognise legitimate supporting evidence and implement an effective 3-step approach to auditing food labels.
The session will also provide tools and takeaways to help you successfully audit food labelling requirements regardless of your current level of food labelling knowledge.
Key topics covered in webinar
This webinar covers the following essential topics.
- Key outcomes of the label review process
- The 3-Steps to completing a label review
- Resources required to complete a label review
- How to review the ingredients list
- How to verify your nutrition information
- Validating country of origin claims
- Reviewing allergen declarations
- GMP audit requirements when reviewing food labels
- Food product shelf-life validation and verification
- Product claims and diet-related endorsements
- Requirements for traceability
- Label verification records required by a food business
Do you want a webinar completion certificate?
If you would like to earn CEUs and a webinar training certificate you will need to complete the online competency assessment. This assessment aims to test your knowledge and understanding of the concepts and information presented in the webinar.
To find out more please click here.