Welcome to Episode 1 of Off the Menu. In our very first episode, we cover the backstory and start mapping the yellow brick road to success and satisfaction for those working in the food industry. HACCP Mentor and Peter Holtmann dive into career development for newbies and professionals working in the food industry. Listen in to learn about the skills, knowledge, personal attributes and work experience needed to map your food industry career path.
Episode 1 Highlights
- The Off the Menu mission
- Climbing the food industry ladder
- Does Peter get bored easily?
- Along comes Quality
- Half A Chicken Chips and Pepsi
- How to be an auditor
- Assessing auditor credentials
- Government inspectors actually know stuff
- A chance meeting
- Transitioning to self-employment
- A purpose of protection
- The art of the bribe
- Flexibility is key
- Passionate about promoting change
- Good risk or bad risk?
- The pathway forward