One of the most common document control mistakes that I see is when food businesses forget to add document control to excel spreadsheets. Document control is important in being able to correctly identify and manage your HACCP documents along with ensuring only the most current version is available for use. The excel spreadsheet platform is great for writing certain HACCP and Food safety compliance documents – especially risk assessments or approved supplier reviews.
Check out this really quick video I made showing you how easy it is to add document control to excel documents.
1. Click on the print / print preview button
2. Click Page Setup
3. Select Header Footer tab
4. Click custom header and add in your information. Click OK when you are done.
5. Click customer footer and add in your information. Click OK when you are done.
6. Click OK (again) when you are done.
7. Close the Print Preview page
8. Click Save
If you need help on organising your HACCP and food safety documentation click here